Monday, February 14, 2005
al Qaeda website image
"By its very nature, the Internet is in many ways an ideal arena for activity by terrorist organizations. Most notably, it offersA valuable reference.
- easy access;
- little or no regulation, censorship, or other forms of government control;
- potentially huge audiences spread throughout the world;
- anonymity of communication;
- fast flow of information;
- inexpensive development and maintenance of a web presence;
- a multimedia environment (the ability to combine text, graphics, audio, and video and to allow users to download films, songs, books, posters, and so forth); and
- the ability to shape coverage in the traditional mass media, which increasingly use the Internet as a source for stories."
What can you do about it? See here.